Types of Information We May Collect and How We Gather It
- From you, on applications, quote requests or on other forms for our insurance products, online, telephone or in-person interviews and from your insurance agent. Examples of information that may be collected include: first and last name, home address, date of birth, personal contact information (e.g. telephone and email), automobile information, driver’s license number, social security number, demographics, occupation, health information, dependent or family-related information, information regarding other insurance and information related to the sale, underwriting or servicing of insurance. We may also collect information in relation to your use of social media and networking platforms.
- From your transactions with us and our affiliated companies. Examples of information that may be collected include: payment history, underwriting information, claim-related documentation, payment and financial account information such as credit/debit card and financial account numbers.
- From non-affiliated companies. Examples of information that may be collected include: your driving record, claim history, credit reports, consumer reports (e.g. character, general reputation, personal characteristics and mode of living) and other information relating to the sale, underwriting or servicing of insurance.
- Please note that the types of information listed above may be available through multiple sources.
How and Why Do We Share Your Information?
We may share your information for the following purposes:
- Third-Party Service Providers and Affiliated Companies. We may share your information with third-party service providers (including insurance agents) and our affiliated companies for everyday business purposes – such as underwriting policies, verifying information provided by you such as information about the operators of your vehicles and members of your household, processing claims, ensuring proper billing, facilitating transactions requested by you, operating website(s) and mobile application(s), providing you with customer service and to help customize advertisements, offers, or other communications to you.
- Joint Marketing Agreements. We may share your information with other financial companies who we have a contractual relationship with to jointly offer, endorse, or sponsor a financial product or service.
- Affiliated Company Marketing. We may share your information with our affiliated companies for their own marketing purposes.
- Nonaffiliated Company Marketing. We may share your information with nonaffiliated companies for their own marketing purposes.
- Business Transfer. We may share your information in connection with the sale or merger of our business or the transfer of assets.
- We may use and share your information if needed to comply with applicable law, legal process, legal advice and for preventing fraud, theft, and injury to you, us or others.
- We may share your information as otherwise permitted by law.
How Can I Limit Sharing of My Information?
You have the right to limit how AssuranceAmerica shares your information in relation to: your credit worthiness to our affiliated companies for their everyday business purposes, our affiliated companies for the purpose of using your information to market to you, and sharing your information with nonaffiliated companies for the purpose of using your information to market to you. State laws may give you additional rights to limit sharing of your information which we will comply with upon your request.
Please call us at 1-800-450-7857 if you would like to limit AssuranceAmerica’s ability to share your information as described above. Please note that your choice to limit sharing of your information will apply to all people listed on your policy or account.
What Rights Do I Have to Update My Information?
Please call us at 1-800-450-7857 if you would like to update any of your information that you believe is inaccurate or incomplete.
How Does AssuranceAmerica Protect Your Information?
AssuranceAmerica maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect your information. We continually review our policies and practices, monitor our computer networks, and test the strength of our security to ensure the safety of your information.
Who Are AssuranceAmerica’s Affiliated Companies?
AssuranceAmerica’s family of affiliated companies include: AssuranceAmerica Corporation; AssuranceAmerica Managing General Agency, LLC; AssuranceAmerica Insurance Company; InsureMax Insurance Company; and Trustway Services, LLC.